The Nexys 3 digital system development platform features Xilinx's newest Spartan-6 FPGA, 48 Mbytes of external memory (including two non-volatile phase-change memories from Micron), and enough I/O devices and ports to host a wide variety of digital systems. The Nexys 3 is an ideal platform for any engineer to gain experience with Xilinx's latest technologies, and it is perfectly suited to the classroom - new students can build logic circuits without worrying about complex external interfaces, and more advanced students can build complete digital systems, including controllers, CODECs, and embedded processors.
The on-board Adept high-speed USB2 port provides board power, FPGA programming, and user-data transfers at rates up to 38 Mbytes/sec. A large collection of low-cost peripheral boards, including more than 30 Pmods and several new Vmods, can add additional features to the Nexys 3, including A/D and D/A converters, breadboards, motor drivers, displays, etc. The Nexys 3 is fully compatible with all Xilinx tools, including the free WebPack as well as Chipscope, EDK (embedded processor design kit) and other tools.
- Xilinx Spartan6 XC6LX16-CS324
- 16 Mbyte Micron Cellular RAM
- 16 Mbyte Micron Parallel PCM
- 16 Mbyte Micron Quad-mode SPI PCM
- 10/100 SMSC LAN8710 PHY
- Digilent Adept USB port for power, programming & data transfers
- Type-A USB host for mouse, keyboard or memory stick
- 8-bit VGA
- 100 MHz fixed-frequency oscillator
- 8 slide switches, 4 push buttons, 4-digit 7seg display, 8 LEDs
- Four double-wide Pmod connectors, one VHDC connector
- Rugged plastic case, USB cable included
- Digilent USB2 port providing board power, programming, & data transfers
- Nexys 3 FPGA Board
- USB cable
- Manufacturer name: Digilent
- Manufacturer's part name(s): Digilent Nexys™3 Spartan-6 FPGA Board - Academic
- Manufacturer's part code(s): NEXYS3
For academic order we need an official order of the university or academic institution or a matriculation certificate of the student.
Other Digilent products available on request.