Time-aware Redbox-DAN PCIe NIC
Variation number (MEPA): VAR-827000235
In a market that is undergoing the revolution of new powerful small sized equipment, RELY-SYNC-HSR/PRP-PCIe provides the most demanding networking features to any kind of PC, regardless of its size.
PCI Express (PCIe) is the most extended high-speed serial computer expansion bus. It is the de-facto standard for expansion boards in PC computers and it is gaining acceptance in Industrial PCs and even in SCADA systems.
RELY-SYNC-HSR/PRP-PCIe is a smart pluggable board that comprises in the same device hardware and software resources to implement specialized networking, synchronization and security oriented services.
RELY-SYNC-HSR/PRP-PCIe can be used as a multi-media PCIe Redbox-DAN, operating as an HSR/PRP node of a high-availability network and connecting an Ethernet network segment with an HSR/PRP network.
The device uses dedicated hardware for low latency switching and for implementing high accuracy clock synchronization based on IEEE 1588 standard.
- Autonomous management of Supervision Frames and IEEE 1588-2008 PTPv2 support
- Cut-through operation for the HSR ring to minimize the latency in the ring
- Store&forward for PRP and Ethernet operation
- 2x HSR/PRP/Ethernet ports
- 1x Ethernet port
- Media options (SFP cages):
- Zero-Packet-Loss redundancy modes:
- IEC 62439-3 v3 Clause 5 “High-availability Seamless Redundancy (HSR)”
- Supported modes: H, N, U, HSR-SAN, PRP-HSR, HSR-HSR
- IEC 62439-3 v3 Clause 4 “Parallel Redundancy Protocol (PRP)”
- Supported modes: Duplicate discard, duplicate accept, transparent reception, PRP-HSR
- Optional Redundancy modes:
- IEC 62439-2 Clause 5 “Media Redundancy Protocol (MRP)”
- “Device Level Ring (DLR)” for Ethernet IP
- RSTP IEEE802.1w
- VLAN support
- Ethernet type based or IEEE 802.1P Traffic prioritization
- 1 PPS output (MMCX interface)
- Seamless integration on old Legacy PCI Systems through optional adapter
- Ethernet network drivers available for most OS (Linux, Windows, VxWorks, etc.)
- IEEE 1588-2008 PTPv2 Ordinary Clock and Boundary Clock support
- Profiles: Default, Power, IEC 61850-9-3, 802.1AS
- On-board FPGA for high-speed network switching and PTP timestamping
- Multi-core CPU unit to support autonomous software application
Configuration & Management
- On-board integrated Web Server to provide HTML5-GUI configuration access:
- Accessible through HTTP(S)
- Configuration profiles and Firmware updates
- Real-time network monitoring