Time-Sensitive Networking Bridge Low Profile PCIe NIC
Numéro de variation (MEPA): VAR-827000240
Time Sensitive Networking (TSN) is able to merge OT and IT worlds and would be an outstanding forward step to really ensure interoperability and standardization. An effective development of these technologies shall offer a significant cost reduction in equipment, maintenance, seamless integration of advanced analysis services and a reduction of dependence on a single vendor.
Taking into account this functionality, three basic traffic types are defined: Scheduled traffic, Best-effort Traffic and Reserved Traffic. Scheduled Traffic type is appropriated for the hard real-time messages, and the Best-effort Traffic is the general Ethernet traffic that is not sensitive to any other Quality of Service metrics. The Reserved Traffic type is for frames allocated in different time-slots but with a specified bandwidth reservation for each priority type.
RELY-TSN-LP-PCIe is an out-of-the-box solution for Time Sensitive Networking (TSN) that allows seamless implementation of deterministic Ethernet networks and abstracts user equipment and applications from these technical complexities. Additionally, in a market that is undergoing the revolution of new powerful small sized equipment, RELY-TSN-LP-PCIe provides the most demanding networking features to any kind of PC, regardless of its size.
This device can be used as a PCIe TSN Endpoint and as a TSN Bridge providing 3 multi-media Gigabit Ethernet ports.
As an Endpoint, it offers the possibility to introduce TSN technology in the device where it is hosted, for its integration in a deterministic network. It performs as a retrofitting tool in brownfield systems.
Its uniqueness lies in the fact that it’s a smart pluggable low profile board that comprises in the same device hardware and software resources to implement specialized networking, synchronization and security oriented services.
- 2x TSN Ethernet port
- 1x Service Ethernet port
- Media options (SFP cages):
- RSTP IEEE802.1w
- VLAN support
- Ethernet type based or IEEE 802.1P Traffic prioritization
- 1 PPS output (MMCX interface)
- Seamless integration on old Legacy PCI Systems through optional adapter
- 802.1AS – Timing and Synchronization
- 802.1Qbv – Enhancements for Scheduled Traffic
- 802.1Qav – Forwarding and Queuing Enhancements for Time-Sensitive Streams
- 802.1Qcc – Enhancements for Stream Reservation Protocol
- 802.1Qci* – Per-Stream Filtering and Policing
- 802.1CB* – Frame Replication and Elimination for Reliability
- Ethernet network drivers available for most OS (Linux, Windows, VxWorks, etc.)
- IEEE 1588-2008 PTPv2 Ordinary Clock and Boundary Clock support
- Profiles: Default, Power, IEC 61850-9-3, AS
- On-board FPGA for high-speed network switching and PTP timestamping
- Multi-core CPU unit to support autonomous software application
Configuration & Management
- On-board integrated Web Server to provide HTML5-GUI configuration access:
- Accessible through HTTP(S)
- Configuration profiles and Firmware updates
- Real-time network monitoring
*Interoperability test pending