Pmod MTDS: Multi-Touch Display System
2.8" touchscreen display with a on-board microcontroller that performs graphics processing tasks.
Numéro de variation (MEPA): VAR-827000857
Flexible peripheral modules for all your designs
Pmod™ devices are Digilent’s line of small I/O interface boards that offer an ideal way to extend the capabilities of programmable logic and embedded control boards. They allow sensitive signal conditioning circuits and high-power drive circuits to be placed where they are most effective - near sensors and actuators.
Pmod modules communicate with system boards using 6, 8, or 12-pin connectors that can carry multiple digital control signals, including SPI and other serial protocols. Pmod modules allow for more effective designs by routing analog signals and power supplies only where they are needed, and away from digital controller boards.
Overview Pmod MTDS
The Digilent Pmod MTDS is a gorgeous 2.8" touchscreen display with a powerful on-board microcontroller that performs graphics processing tasks. The display is a capacitive touchscreen with QVGA resolution (320×240) and 2 finger multi-touch support.
The most compelling aspect of the Pmod MTDS is the programming experience provided by its Multi-Touch Display System (MTDS) Firmware and the associated libraries. These allow you to design sleek, stylish user interfaces very quickly and with very little code. The timing dependent tasks are handled by the firmware, so integrating the display into existing projects is also a snap. Some of the key functionality provided by the libraries include the ability to draw basic shapes and text, draw images stored on microSD with binary transparency, draw buttons and easily check if they have been pressed, and check the status and location of the user's two fingers. The libraries are supported in Arduino IDE and Xilinx SDK, and have been tested with Ardiuno, chipKIT, and Arty host boards.
- 2.8“ Display with QVGA resolution (320×240)
- 2 Finger Capacitive touch panel
- Powerful PIC32MZ Microcontroller
- Multi-Touch Display System (MTDS) Firmware
- Design a beautiful UI with only a few lines of code using libraries for Arduino IDE and Xilinx SDK
- Easily draw images with binary transparency from files stored on microSD
- Drop stylish buttons and check their status at will using intuitive function calls
- For use with Arduino, chipKIT, and Arty platforms
- 6-pin Pmod port with SPI interface
Scope of Delivery
- 1 x Pmod MTDS in a Digilent cardboard packaging with protective foam
Pmod Hardware Compatibility Guide
Digilent's guide about determining hardware compatibility.
- Manufacturer: Digilent Inc.
- Manufacturer's article name: Pmod MTDS: Multi-Touch Display System
- Manufacturer's article number: 410-341