Pmod HYGRO: Digital Humidity and Temperature Sensor
The Pmod HYGRO is a relative humidity sensor with integrated temperature sensor for highly accurate measurements at low power.
Variation number (MEPA): VAR-827000425
Flexible peripheral modules for all your designs
Pmod™ devices are Digilent’s line of small I/O interface boards that offer an ideal way to extend the capabilities of programmable logic and embedded control boards. They allow sensitive signal conditioning circuits and high-power drive circuits to be placed where they are most effective - near sensors and actuators.
Pmod modules communicate with system boards using 6, 8, or 12-pin connectors that can carry multiple digital control signals, including SPI and other serial protocols. Pmod modules allow for more effective designs by routing analog signals and power supplies only where they are needed, and away from digital controller boards.
Overview Pmod HYGRO
The Pmod HYGRO is a relative humidity sensor with integrated temperature sensor for highly accurate measurements at low power. With the TI HDC1080, you can determine the relative humidity of the environment with up to 14 bits of resolution. The Pmod HYGRO is designed to digitally report the relative humidity and ambient temperature upon request by the host board. Up to 14 bits of resolution for each sensor may be collected by allowing for longer conversion times. A resistive heating element can be enabled to test the sensor or to drive off condensation that accumulates on the sensor after being consistently exposed to high humidity conditions.
- TI HDC1080 Low Power, High Accuracy Digital Humidity Sensor with Temperature Sensor
- Relative Humidity Accuracy ±2%
- Temperature Sensor Accuracy ±0.2 °C
- Good stability at high humidity
- 14-bit measurement resolution
- Internal resistive heating element
- 6-pin Pmod connector with I²C interface
- Pass-through Pmod host port for daisy chaining
3 Target Applications
- Smart Thermostats and Room Monitors
- Medical Devices
Scope of Delivery
- 1 x Pmod HYGRO in a custom antistatic Pmod packaging
Pmod Hardware Compatibility Guide
Digilent's guide about determining hardware compatibility.
- Manufacturer: Digilent Inc.
- Manufacturer's article name: Pmod HYGRO: Digital Humidity and Temperature Sensor
- Manufacturer's article number: 410-347