Pmod CMPS2: 3-Axis Compass
The Digilent Pmod CMPS2 is a digital compass module using Memsic's MMC34160PJ magnetometer.
Variation number (MEPA): VAR-827000441
Flexible peripheral modules for all your designs
Pmod™ devices are Digilent’s line of small I/O interface boards that offer an ideal way to extend the capabilities of programmable logic and embedded control boards. They allow sensitive signal conditioning circuits and high-power drive circuits to be placed where they are most effective - near sensors and actuators.
Pmod modules communicate with system boards using 6, 8, or 12-pin connectors that can carry multiple digital control signals, including SPI and other serial protocols. Pmod modules allow for more effective designs by routing analog signals and power supplies only where they are needed, and away from digital controller boards.
Overview Pmod CMPS2
The Digilent Pmod CMPS2 is a digital compass module using Memsic's MMC34160PJ magnetometer. The local magnetic field strength can be measured in a ±16 Gauss range with a heading accuracy of 1° and up to 0.5 mG of resolution.
- Low noise 3-axis digital compass
- 0.5 milligauss field resolution in ±16 Gauss fields
- I2C Slave, FAST (≤400 kHz) mode
- Optional pull-up resistors for SCL and SDA pins
- 1° heading accuracy
- Small PCB size for flexible designs 0.8" × 1.25" (2.0 cm × 3.2 cm)
- 6-pin Pmod connector with I2C interface
- Pass-through Pmod host port for daisy chaining
- Follows Digilent Pmod Interface Specification 1.1.0
Scope of Delivery
- 1 x Pmod CMPS in a custom antistatic Pmod packaging
Pmod Hardware Compatibility Guide
Digilent's guide about determining hardware compatibility.
- Manufacturer: Digilent Inc.
- Manufacturer's article name: Pmod CMPS2: 3-Axis Compass
- Manufacturer's article number: 410-355